You are interested in providing new materials, produced green, with outstanding abilities to a diverse range of industries? You are looking forward to an international team located in Vienna with strong ties to university? You have experience in different industries? You are looking for a no-bullshit environment where the goal is to make things happen?
Then you will fit in perfectly with us.
To extend our core management team
we are looking for a new team member for the position of
Production Assistant – Full Time
UGP Materials is an innovative spin-off of Technische Universität Wien in the field of materials chemistry. After setting up shop we are now growing. The development and scale-up of innovative technologies for green and affordable processes constitute the basis of our mission. We introduce ur new production technology into the market, we produce new materials for usage in the high-performance sector and in collaboration with university and industry, we develop polymer-based composite materials for third parties. Our products help industry move away from toxic solvents and improve the materials’ physical properties and beeing more cost-efficient.
Based on your technical background and industrial experience you will play a key role in our production department. In close collaboration with our CTO and the whole team you will scale-up new reactions and explore new production processes. As self-motivated and team-oriented person you will work independently and assure the quality of our products. As curious person, you will contribute to the improvement of our technology and process efficiency. We are offering you the possibility to work in a small industrial reality, with a short decision-making path and great growth potential.
- Working at the laboratory/production interface, run day to day production operations (including troubleshooting)
- Optimization and performance of analytical assays
- Preparation and review of relevant documentation for work processes
- Provide advice and technical expertise on solutions for common processing issues
- General production support (helping to manage equipment, supplies and reagent handling)
The Techniques Involved:
- High-pressure syntheses
- FT-IR and UV-Vis spectroscopy
- Powder X-ray diffraction (PXRD)
- Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR)
- Thermogravimetric analysis (TGA) and differential scanning calorimetry (DSC)
Your Skills & Qualifications:
- Either of the following degrees: BSc, MSc, technical degree (e.g. HTL diploma, Berufskolleg diploma) in chemistry, chemical engineering, process engineering, or a related discipline
- Work in autonomy with loose supervision
- Experience in production and quality control environments is a plus
- Knowledge of FT-IR, crystallography and thermal analysis techniques are welcome
- Good communication skills, especially in English
- Flexible and adaptable with an open-minded view and creative problem-solving skills
- Role with impact onto the company and potential for becoming a key management role over time
- Working in an international team with flexible working arrangements
- Salary according to qualification plus vested equity in the company (see Kollektivvertrag)
Please send your questions and your application (Motivation letter + CV) to our CEO Dietmar Gombotz (email@example.com)